Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Dance!

I got the final borders on my Florabunda.  I still have to get the backing pieced together then basting.  I was looking through my supplies the other night and realized that I don't have enough safety pins to pin-baste this quilt.  Most of my pins are in the maple leaf quilt that is waiting to be machine quilted.  My choices are to take the time and machine quilt that soon (now?) before I can baste and hand quilt this one.  Or, I can just thread baste this one.  I think that's the option I will go with.  Since it is National Quilting Day, I got all my errands out of the way, the guild newsletter has been sent to the distributor and corned beef is simmering on the stove, I think It's time to get a backing made and the quilt basted!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Mair! I can't wait to see how you quilt your Florabunda. I am a thread-baster. Only tried pin basting once. I had trouble putting the quilt in the hoop with the pins. I always had them in the wrong spot apparently LOL :)

    ReplyDelete