Sunday, March 27, 2011

I have finished that 9-patch UFO!  I think I finished sewing the binding on the 16th.  I'm continuing to work on the Florabunda blocks.  I probably have 24-30 petals to sew onto block 11 and all 8 centers before I can call that one done.  I should have a photo of the 9-patch in a few days.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More quilting this weekend.  I quilted with some friends on Saturday.  I don't particularly like making bindings for quilts, so I figured this was a good opportunity to spend some pleasant time with friends doing an unpleasant task.  I trimmed the 9-patch quilt before I went and took the rest of the supplies to do the binding there.  I made the continuous, bias binding and sewed it onto the quilt there by machine and started hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt.  I also made a label and got that attached before machine sewing the binding.  Labels are another piece that I don't really like to do, but I do like the preprinted labels that I got as part of the UFO auction from my guild last fall.  I may take some muslin and pigma pens and make up my own labels to have on hand when these run out.  I've gotten over half the binding sewn down so far and then have to look over the quilt and snip off all the loose ends of thread from machine sewing.  I'm anticipating it to be completed by the end of the week.  Yahoo!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Just an update on the progress I've made... I believe I got to sew down one and a half petals (of 44) last night before my daughter came home for a visit. 

Here's another attempt at photos.

I think I've got this upload problem figured out.

And another...
I do need to do a little fix on this one before I'm really happy with it.

And another.
And another.

And the last one completed.  Two more 12" blocks and one 24" center block to go.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Applique Progress

I got one whole leaf sewn onto Florabunda block #11 last night.  I thought I'd try to post some more pictures of the ones I've completed.

This is one of my favorites.

OK, my fussy computer is only allowing one picture tonight, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Applique Progress

I've completed 10 of the 13 Florabunda blocks now.  There are a few tweaks that I need to make to two of them, but I'm really happy with what I've done so far.

This one I want to add replace the pale yellow center with pink.  This is the only block in the series that I didn't have any pink in.

 And for some reason I can't upload any more pictures tonight.  So, the two listed so far will be all for now.  You can take a look at Erin Russek's blog for more of her beautiful patterns.