Tuesday, March 15, 2011
More quilting this weekend. I quilted with some friends on Saturday. I don't particularly like making bindings for quilts, so I figured this was a good opportunity to spend some pleasant time with friends doing an unpleasant task. I trimmed the 9-patch quilt before I went and took the rest of the supplies to do the binding there. I made the continuous, bias binding and sewed it onto the quilt there by machine and started hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. I also made a label and got that attached before machine sewing the binding. Labels are another piece that I don't really like to do, but I do like the preprinted labels that I got as part of the UFO auction from my guild last fall. I may take some muslin and pigma pens and make up my own labels to have on hand when these run out. I've gotten over half the binding sewn down so far and then have to look over the quilt and snip off all the loose ends of thread from machine sewing. I'm anticipating it to be completed by the end of the week. Yahoo!