Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I've Been Doing to Avoid Basting

Nope, I didn't get the Florabunda top basted on National Quilting day.  I did, however get the backing fabric sewn together and pressed.  Then I went on to trim this top, make the binding, label and hanging sleeve.



Then I finished all the hand stitching on the cardinal and worked on the hand quilting on the chickadee.  I've got that done and now need to trim, sew on the binding, label and hanging sleeve.



These two will go to my guild's silent auction at our show in may.

Then, the weather was too nice, so I got some more yard work done.  Take a look at this beautiful gravel!



Oh, and today I took out the motorcycle on the first ride of the season.

Can you tell how much I dislike basting?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Mair, you did an amazing job on those 2 birds! Beautiful!

    With Spring comes yard work and it looks like you have a BIG yard LOL! I do, too, and the yardwork seems never ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we've got a large yard - just over an acre with about half of that being lawn. We've had unusually warm weather so far this year, so I've been able to get out early to get some of that work done.

    The birds were fun to do. Thanks for your kind comments. I hope they bring in some good money for the guild.

    ReplyDelete