I started the Ladies of the Sea applique in July (maybe June) and have completed my first block. I started with this block simply because I love the shell applique at the bottom. I think I'll do the rest of them in order.
I have not yet decided if I am going to put the names of the ships on the blocks or not. These blocks are more detailed than I have been doing lately, but I am enjoying the process.
And I'm trying to finish up some tops that have been hanging around. This one is a charity quilt for my guild. I did not piece the top, but I wanted some machine quilting practice, so I brought this one home.
I wanted to try a Spirograph pattern on something and this seemed the perfect opportunity. This was fun and I think effective. I had to enlarge the pattern from the original drawing to fit the blocks better and be easier to stitch. And I had to choose a simple pattern rather than the dense, complicated ones that I prefer. I will use this technique again.
I'm not quite done applying the binding and will post another shot when it is completed.
We spent most of August on a motorcycle trip to Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI). That three week trip went by very quickly and we went to some amazing places. That deserves another blog post all by itself which I will do later.